BMW LONDON/MINI LONDON RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Your Safety and Health and the safety of our employees is the utmost importance to us. BMW LONDON/MINI LONDON has taken several steps to mitigate the transmission of the COVID-19 virus at the dealership.
- The number of customers inside our facility at any time will be limited to ensure safe social distancing protocols at all times for Sales (Customers may be asked to wait outside or come back at a later time to ensure we can commit to social distancing),
- Plexiglass barriers have been set up at all Sales and Service desks in the dealership
- Masks are available upon request at both the Sales and Service reception for client’s use.
- Disinfection of all frequently used areas such as (showroom, waiting area and restrooms) will be done on a regular basis during the day,
- Disinfection of credit card machines will be done before and after every use.
- All vehicles being dropped off for service will be disinfected on the driver touchpoints at the time of drop off and again before pick-up, including keys,
- All staff will wear gloves when handling your vehicle,
- We will only allow one customer per shuttle vehicle (unless all occupants are from the same family). The vehicle customer touch points will be disinfected after each trip. We apologize if this slows down the shuttle service during this time, greetings that involve touching, such as handshakes, will not be permitted.
- Physical space between all people will be increased to at least 2 metres throughout the dealership. Markers have been placed on the floors of heavily trafficked areas at both Sales and Service to help clients maintain the proper distance.
- Clean handwashing facilities and alcohol-based hand cleansers are provided in multiple locations throughout the building (e.g., entrances, boardrooms and break rooms), signage is posted throughout the building encouraging good respiratory hygiene, hand hygiene, and other healthy practices. We would ask all customers and staff to practice frequent proper hand washing.
It is critical that, if you have one symptom of COVID-19 (fever, cough or difficulty breathing), or even mild symptoms, you should stay home to avoid spreading illness to others.
- Additionally, if you can answer “yes” to any of the following please follow the government guidelines and self-quarantine:
- Traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or had contact with someone who has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days,
- Experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, been exposed to someone with the COVID -19 virus within the last 14 days.
BMW London/MINI London will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support our customers and communities as needed.
London Updates: https://www.healthunit.com/news/novel-coronavirus
Ontario Updates: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
Federal Updates: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210
WHO Updates: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019